Did you know that Rhode Island is ranked as one of the best-educated states in the US? Start your path towards becoming an accountant in one of Rhode Island’s top-ranked schools while enjoying the cozy, New England charm of The Ocean State! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Providence to Warwick to Cranston, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Rhode Island accountant, you will:
- Ensure that businesses and firms run efficiently
- Analyze and communicate financial information to the client
- Verify that public records are kept accurately and taxes are paid on time
- Offer financial planning and budget analysis
Some career figures for accounting professionals in Rhode Island:
- Average annual salary: $68,500
- Currently employed: 3,190
- Employment outlook: 22% Growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Rhode Island Accounting Schools Enrolling Now