Did you know that California residents have one of the highest income brackets in the country? Whether you chose to live by the sandy beaches of San Diego or in the alpine regions of the Sierras, make sure to begin your exciting career in accounting in the Golden State. Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Los Angeles to San Diego to San Francisco, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a California accountant, you will:
- Ensure that businesses and firms run efficiently
- Analyze and communicate financial information to the client
- Verify that public records are kept accurately and taxes are paid on time
- Offer financial planning and budget analysis
Some career figures for accounting professionals in California:
- Average annual salary: $74,360
- Currently employed: 118,550
- Employment outlook: 22% Growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
California Accounting Schools Enrolling Now