Did you know that Business Insider ranks Alaska as the fastest growing state in the union? Take advantage of its booming economy while enjoying the world’s most beautiful frontier—become an Alaska accountant today! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Juneau to Anchorage to Wasilla, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As an Alaskan accountant, you will:
- Ensure that businesses and firms run efficiently
- Analyze and communicate financial information to the client
- Verify that public records are kept accurately and taxes are paid on time
- Offer financial planning and budget analysis
Some career figures for accounting professionals in Alaska:
- Average annual salary: $66,710
- Currently employed: 2,400
- Employment outlook: 22% Growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Alaska Accounting Schools Enrolling Now